Dance Medicine Workshop
An in-person movement workshop
Saturday, November 19th, 2022 6pm - 9pm
Cost: $35-$55 sliding fee scale
Dance Medicine is an invitation to explore your personal medicine gifts through embodied dance, sacred circle, inner inquiry, and soul work.
Movement is a deep and primal language. The body never lies! We can find out what we need to know by listening to it and through it. We can let our emotions flow by allowing the body to move with them. We can express by moving and grooving and stomping and flowing. And we can honor as we move in a sacred way, in a mindful way, clearing away obstacles, and inviting in what we want to embody.
Let's find out what happens when we come together with intention.
When we honor the circle:
all of us teachers,
all of us students.
Dance Medicine is an invitation to:
Listen to your inner wisdom.
Tend to your grief and pain, as well as your deepest longings and joy.
Be part of the beauty.
Courageously step into your Self.
Who should come?:
All are welcome who come with an attitude of inclusivity, respect and curiosity.
What to expect: (some possibilities)
- Sharing in circle space and honoring confidentiality
- Freeform dance to recorded music and/or live drumming (no dance experience necessary)
- Guided movement explorations
- Practices of self inquiry and healing
- Breath and light-body practices
- Journaling, art making
- Singing / sounding
-A dynamic space with varying energy levels (ie quiet/stillness to vigorous/high energy)
- A meditative atmosphere
- A framework that holds space for our whole selves: body, mind, heart, soul, and spirit.
- A context of ceremony/ritual which is alive, created in the moment by our collective intention-setting
- The unexpected!
What to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing in layers
- Bare feet, socks, or indoor footwear for dancing (footwear must have non-marking soles)
- Water bottle
- Floor seating props if you wish (cushions available onsite, chairs upon request)
- Your favorite journal, pen, art supplies (some will be provided)
- Item(s) to place on our community altar if desired.
(About the altar: Our communal altar has no association with any specific religion. Only a universal spirituality. It serves to remind us of our connection to something greater than ourselves.)
Space is limited. Please register using the link below to reserve a spot.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT